Many customers use our app to allow bookings for the rental of physical products where the length of time is chosen by the customer. The app will capture the range of dates and combined with variants will allow you to create price breaks depending on the duration of the rental. In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up Booking Form 2 for your Shopify store.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your product.
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Size, Color, Rental Duration
Book That App (BTA) Product Page
1. On the BTA Install page, install Booking Form 2 and then follow the rest of the install instructions.
2. Import your product into BTA
3. Choose "Product" as the Profile
4. Enter the capacity of the product or variant (max number of the product available at any 1 time) and the duration (number of days for the rental).
5. Choose to base capacity on Product or Variant. In most instances, it will be product based. However, if you offer different sizes or colours then you may choose to use variant based capacity.
6. Set the duration values paying attention to select the 'Variants represent date range?' checkbox and entering the duration values in the 'Range From' and 'Range To' fields.
Note: If you don't want variable pricing, then you do not need to set up variants. The app will calculate the quantity based on the date range selected by the customer and multiply it by the product price.
6. Enter the opening hours for your store.
7. Now to calculate a daily rate based on your price break you need to navigate to Settings > Product Page tab > and enable 'Date range updates quantity?'