Adding and removing products from the app are essential skills in managing the booking process. The app will only associate the booking widget with the products that you decide to configure within it.
There are several ways to add products to the app: you can create products in Shopify and import them into the app, or you can create the products in the app.
Creating Products in Shopify
1. Create your product in Shopify.
2. In the Inventory section of the page select the Do Not Track option.
3. Any option representing pricing should be done through variants. You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
4. Here are some important notes when setting up your product in Shopify:
- Do not enter the dates or times of the event as variants because you will create a schedule in the app.
- If you have a minimum party size requirement for your bookings you will want to create a set of variants for Party Size. An example of this would be a booking requirement for the minimum party size of 2 and a maximum party size of 7.
Note: you will want to use method 5a or 5b, not both.
5a. After you have saved the product in Shopify select BookThatApp Configuration from the More actions menu at the top of the page:
5b. In the app, select Products and select the Add/Create product button. This will open a pop-up where you can select Import from Shopify in order to select the product you would like to import.
6. This will import the product into BTA and take you to the BTA product configuration page.
If you have previously set up products in BTA you will be prompted to copy the settings from one of them at this time. Go ahead and choose an existing product if you have set one up otherwise return to the configuration guide and follow the remaining steps.
IMPORTANT: For any product using BookThatApp, the inventory tracking capability in Shopify for that product must be turned OFF.
Creating Products in the App
1. Select Products in the app.
2. Select the Add/Create product button.
3. Select Create new product. If you are new to the app you will want to follow the installation wizard to set up your first product and widget. The Installation wizard is found in the Installation section of the app.
4. After entering the product details and selecting Save the product will be present in the app.
The way the app works is that it only adds the date and/or time picker to products added and configured in the app. There are 2 methods of removing products from the app.
The first method is to select Products and select the checkbox found next to the product's name. Then you will select the Actions drop-down menu and select Delete.
The second method is to access the product configuration page in the app and select the Delete button at the bottom of the page.