Due to the wide variety of Shopify themes and booking scenarios, there are a series of steps required to get Book That App up and running. This article will outline the main steps to get it up and running, but full documentation is found under the Installation tab in the BTA admin.
1. Choose a Booking Form:
- Read our help desk article to determine which booking form is most applicable for your store.
- Once you have decided on a form, in the left hand nav of BTA, look for the Installation Guide and click on the Product Page link
- Find the booking form that you want to use. (ie/ Scheduled Date and Time Widget)
- Click on the button next to the applicable booking form that says "Install This Snippet for Me". This will create a Snippet in your theme in the Theme Editor under Snippets/booking-form..liquid
2. Add the booking form to product.liquid:
- In your Theme Editor, open product.liquid.
- Find the code in your theme where the product variants are located
- Paste the "include-booking" statement just below where the variants are defined
3. Add Line Item Properties to cart.liquid:
- If your theme does not support Line Item Properties you will need to add it to your theme. The Shopify Wiki provides instructions on how to do this here.(Most modern themes already include line item properties in the cart template so this step may not be required.). This step ensures that the date and/or time selected on the product page is passed through to the cart page.
- Once you have added Line Item Properties, you can update the fields to something more user friendly by renaming the fields. This is described in the Installation Guide under Cart
4. Adding the Date to the Email Templates:
- The Shopify wiki provides instructions on how to update your theme email templates to support Line Item Properties.
- Similar to the cart page, once you have updated your email templates, you can change the fields to more user friendly language by renaming the fields. This is described in the Installation Guide under Email Notifications.
That's it....BTA is now installed in your store. Go to the BTA product page, add a product and configure.
If you are not seeing the booking form or dates, please see the Troubleshooting Tips.
If you get stuck or have questions on any of the steps above, please create a Support Ticket and we'll try and help you out. We also offer an installation service for $75 if you want us to do the install for you. (Note: Installs are non-refundable once completed)