Due to the wide variety of Shopify themes and booking scenarios, there are a series of steps required to get BookThatApp up and running. This article will outline the main steps to get it up and running, but full documentation is found under the Install Instructions menu link in BTA admin.
Please note that the Themes link located below the Install Steps provides additional information for specific themes.
1. Choose a Booking Form:
- Read our help desk article to determine which booking form is most applicable for your store.
- Once you have decided on a form, in the left hand nav of BTA select the Install Steps link.
- Find the booking form that you want to use. (ie/ Scheduled Date and Time Widget)
- Click on the button next to the applicable booking form that says "Install". This will create a Snippet in your currently published theme. You can find this snippet using the Shopify Theme Editor, under snippets/booking-form.liquid.
2. Add the booking fields to the product page:
- We will be adding the booking fields (date and/or time pickers) just above the Add to Cart button, and below where the variants are shown.
- Follow the instructions for Step 2 in the Install Steps instructions. Be sure to check the theme specific instructions help in order to find where to paste the code.
3. Updating the cart page:
- BTA uses 'Line Item Properties' to store the dates/times. Depending on your theme you may need to update it to show these properties. Step 3 in the Install Steps installation describes how to add these to your theme if required.
4. Adding the date to the Order Notification Email Template:
- The Shopify wiki provides instructions on how to update your theme email templates to support Line Item Properties.
- Similar to the cart page, once you have updated your email templates, you can change the fields to more user friendly language by renaming the fields.
That's it.... BTA is now installed in your store. You can now go to the BTA product page and add the products that will be booked.
If you are not seeing the booking form or dates, please our Troubleshooting Tips help article.
If you get stuck or have questions on any of the steps above, please create a Support Ticket and we'll try and help you out. We also offer an installation service for $75 if you want us to do the install for you.