Due to the wide variety of Shopify themes and booking scenarios, there are a series of steps required to get BookThatApp up and running. This article outlines the main steps to get up and running, and full documentation is located in the app by selecting Installation -> Booking forms.
Note: Widgets are our newest type of booking form and provide a more modern look. Best of all, they are easier to implement because they do not require you to make coding changes in your theme. If you have not tried out a widget yet please see the following:
If you decide to proceed with installing a classic booking form you will want to select the link to the Theme Installation guide found after the steps listed below.
1. Enable the Booking Forms
- In the app select Installation-> Booking forms tab
- Select the Enable booking form support button
2. Choose a Booking Form
- Read our help desk article to determine which booking form is most applicable for your store.
- Once you have chosen a booking form, in the app admin, select Installation -> Booking forms.
- Select the booking form that you want to use. (ie. Form 2: Date Range)
- Click on the button next to the applicable booking form that states Install. This will create a Snippet in your currently published theme. You can find this snippet using the Shopify Theme Editor, under snippets/booking-form.liquid.
3. Add the booking form to the product page
- We will be adding the booking form (date and/or time pickers) just above the Add to Cart button, and below where the variants are shown.
- Follow the instructions for Step 2 of the install process. Be sure to check the theme specific instructions help in order to find where to paste the code.
4. Updating the cart page
- Make the coding modification as seen in step 3 in order to disable the quantity selector in the cart. This is a mandatory step if you are using either of the following booking forms: form 1, form 2, or form 6.
- The booking details shown in the cart are known as Line Item Properties. Depending on your theme you may need to update it to show these properties. Please see the following article for assistance with this.
5. Adding the date to the Order Notification Email Template
- The Shopify wiki provides instructions on how to update your theme email templates to support Line Item Properties.
- Similar to the cart page, once you have updated your email templates, you can change the fields to more user friendly language by renaming the fields. For details on how to rename the fields, in the app, select Developer guide-> Cart Page tab.
That's it.... BTA is now installed in your store. You can now go to the BTA product page and add the products that will be booked.
If you are not seeing the booking form or dates, please our Troubleshooting Tips help article.
If you get stuck or have questions on any of the steps above, please create a Support Ticket and we'll try and help you out. We also offer an installation service for if you want us to do the install for you - please see Purchase Installation under the Installation menu in BTA Admin.
- Booking Form Option 1: Capturing a Booking Date
- Booking Form Option 2: Capturing a Date Range
- Booking Form Option 3: Capturing Time (Appointments)
- Booking Form Option 4: Scheduled Time Widget
- Booking Form Option 5: Upcoming Events
- Booking Form Option 6: From and To Date and Time