Resources in BookThatApp are used to manage the who (e.g. staff), what (e.g. equipment) and where (e.g. a type of room) requirements of a particular booking. On this page we will describe some of the situations where you might want to use resources. To see how resource based capacity works please see this article: https://support.zetya.com/hc/en-us/articles/211514426-Setting-Capacity
Example 1: Nail salon:
You run a nail salon and have a technician named Nikki. Nikki is assigned to the Manicure and Pedicure products. Since Nikki can not do both services at once these products have been set to use Resource based capacity (you can read more about product capacity types here).
If Nikki receives a booking for a Manicure for Jan 1 at 9:00 AM, then the Pedicure product will also show as booked out for the same time slot.
- In BookThatApp Admin, go to Configuration > Resources and click the Add Resource button.
- Choose the resource type ("Staff") and enter the name (e.g. "Nikki"), a description if you would like, and hit save
- In the product page, set the Capacity Basis to 'Resource' and type the Resource name in the Resource field
- Add the same resource name to every product that shares this resource
You are also able to create a resource based on equipment. Since you can have more than 1 of the item equipment resources allow you to set a capacity. Products that share the same equipment resource behave the same as staff and room resources.
Example 2: Product rentals with limited equipment:
You run a skateboard park and have a set of 10 skateboards. You can rent the skateboards out, or use them for private skateboard lessons that you also offer.
The goal is that if you are out of skateboards for a time slot then you don't want to accept anymore bookings for either the rental or private sessions.
- In the Resource tab, choose Add Resource.
- Enter a name for the Resource, a description if you would like, select equipment, enter capacity, and hit save.
- In the product page, add the Resource name in the Resource field.
- In the product page, 'Base Capacity On' needs to be set to 'Resources'.
- Add the same resource name to every product that shares this resource remembering to also base the capacity on resources.