We have a lot of customers who run tours using their Shopify store. Some are outdoor adventure tours, others are water tours, and some are tours of historical sites. Whatever your application, it easy to set BookThatApp up to take bookings for either a single or a group tour. This tutorial will show you how to set up your product in Shopify and in BTA for this purpose.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a product to represent your tour. In this example, it is a wine tour.
2. Set up an Shopify variants, if required. In this example we are selling a single ticket as well as a group ticket so we have two variants.
3. Enter the price for each variant and set the inventory to Do Not Track.
(Note: You do not need to enter the dates or times of the tour as variants as this is done in the app.)
BookThatApp (BTA) Product Page
2. Import your product into BTA
3. Choose "Tour/Activity" as the Profile
4. Enter the capacity of the tour or activity (max number of people permitted per time slot)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product or Variant. In this example, we want the tour to be based on product as we either want to fill up a van with 6 individual bookings OR a group booking of 6.
6. Enter the Duration for the class or each variant.
7. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on.
8. Set the Number in Party for each variant. The is the number of units applied to each booking. In this case, a single ticket has "1" as the number in party and the group booking has "6". This means that if a single booking is taken, capacity will reduce by 1. If a group booking is taken, capacity will reduce by 6.
9. Add a Resource (if applicable)
10. Add a Location (if applicable)
11. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
12. If desired, choose a set of colours for the activity. This allows you to differentiate tours by colour on the Booking Overview Calendar.
13. Create the schedule for your tour:
- One off Dates: Use this option if your dates are random (ie. Jan 1, Feb 5, Mar 12)
- Repeat: Use this option if the class recurs on a regular basis. (ie. Every Monday at 6pm)
14. Hit Save.