We have a lot of customers who run tours using their Shopify store. Some are outdoor adventure tours, others are water tours, and some are tours of historical sites. Whatever your application, it easy to set Book That App up to take bookings for either a single or a group tour. This tutorial will show you how to set up your product in Shopify and in BTA for this purpose.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a product to represent your tour. In this example, it is a wine tour.
2. Set up an Shopify variants, if required. In this example we are selling a single ticket as well as a group ticket so we have two variants.
3. Enter the price for each variant and set the inventory to Do Not Track.
(Note: You do not need to enter the dates of the tour as variants as this is done in the app.)
Book That App (BTA) Product Page
2. Import your product into BTA
3. Choose "Tour/Activity" as the Profile
4. Enter the capacity of the tour or activity (max number of people permitted per time slot)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product or Variant. In this example, we want the tour to be based on product as we either want to fill up a van with 6 individual bookings OR a group booking of 6.
6. Set the Number in Party for each variant. The is the number of units applied to each booking. In this case, a single ticket has "1" as the number in party and the group booking has "6". This means that if a single booking is taken, capacity will reduce by 1. If a group booking is taken, capacity will reduce by 6.
6. If desired, choose a set of colours for the activity. This allows you to differentiate activities by colour on the Booking Overview Calendar.
7. Enter the schedule for your Tour or Activity:
- One off Dates: Use this option if your dates are random (ie. Jan 1, Feb 5, Mar 12)
- Repeating: Use this option if the Tour/Activity recurrs on a regular basis. (ie. Every Monday at 6pm)
- To add a second date/time, click on "+Rule" and enter the details
8. Add a link to your navigation to show the Booking Overview Calendar (ie. http://pragmaticinsights.myshopify.com/apps/bookthatapp/calendar). The link can be found to the right of the "Calendar Preview" section.