One of our largest customer groups are Shopify store owners who run classes or events in addition to selling products on their store. In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up a class or an event on your Shopify store.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your event.
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Class, Class + Course Material
(Note: You do not need to enter the dates of the class as variants as this is done in the app.)
Book That App (BTA) Product Page
2. Import your product into BTA
3. Choose "Class/Course" as the Profile
4. Enter the capacity of the class or event (max number of people permitted per time slot) and the duration (number of hours for the event).
5. Choose to base capacity on Product or Variant. In most instances, it will be product based. However, if you offer class material with the class and only have a limited amount (ie. 10 textbooks) then you may choose to use variant based capacity.
6. If desired, choose a set of colours for the event. This allows you to differentiate events by colour on the Booking Overview Calendar.
7. Enter the schedule for your class or event:
- One off Dates: Use this option if your dates are random (ie. Jan 1, Feb 5, Mar 12)
- Repeating: Use this option if the class recurrs on a regular basis. (ie. Every Monday at 6pm)
- To add a second date/time, click on "+Rule" and enter the details
Note: The concept of Courses is not currently supported. (ie. Class every Monday for 10 weeks). We do plan to offer this in the future so watch our Forums where we post new features.
8. Add a link to your navigation to show the Booking Overview Calendar (ie. http://pragmaticinsights.myshopify.com/apps/bookthatapp/calendar). The link can be found to the right of the "Calendar Preview" section.