One of our largest customer groups is Shopify store owners who run classes or events in addition to selling products on their store. In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up a class or an event on your Shopify store.
As it pertains to the app, a course is a class that spans multiple days while a class occurs on a single date. Courses are only supported by using the Course widget.
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your event.
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track.
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Class, Class + Course Material
(Note: You do not need to enter the dates or times of the class as variants as this is done in the app.)
BookThatApp (BTA) Product Page
2. Import your product into BTA.
3. Choose "Class/Course" as the Profile.
4. Enter the Capacity of the class (max number of people permitted per time slot)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product or Variant. In most instances, it will be product based. However, if you offer class material with the class and only have a limited amount (ie. 10 textbooks) then you may choose to use variant based capacity.
6. Enter the Duration for the class or each variant.
7. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on.
8. Add a Resource (if applicable)
9. Add a Location (if applicable)
10. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
11. If desired, choose a set of colours for the class. This allows you to differentiate classes by colour on the Booking Overview Calendar.
12. Create the schedule for your class:
- One off Dates: Use this option if your dates are random (ie. Jan 1, Feb 5, Mar 12)
- Repeat: Use this option if the class recurs on a regular basis. (ie. Every Monday at 6pm)
Note: If you need to run a multi day class, then you need to use the Course Widget. Please see https://support.zetya.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000686815-Setup-Guide-Course-Widget.
13. Hit Save.