Do you need to book service appointments where there is no charge for the booking? If so, then you can now use a Stand Alone Booking Form. This form bypasses the Shopify checkout process and creates a booking directly in BookThatApp.
The form can be accessed under the Templates page in the BookThatApp admin.
Here are the steps to implement the stand alone booking form.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your Appointment/Service. ie. Consultation
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track.
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Basic Consultation, Extended Consultation
Do not enter the dates or times of the appointment as variants because the schedule will be based off of your stores opening hours. You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
BTA Product Page
After you have saved the product in Shopify select BookThatApp Configuration from the More actions menu at the top of the page:
This will import the product into BTA and take you to the BTA product configuration page.
If you have previously set up products in BTA you will be prompted to copy the settings from one of them at this time. Go ahead and choose an existing Event product if you have set one up otherwise follow these steps:
1. Import your product into BTA.
2. Choose "Appointment" as the Profile.
3. Choose to base capacity on Product, Variant, or Resource. For most appointments it will be product based. If you want multiple products to share availability you will base it on Resource.
4. Enter the Duration for the appointment or each variant. In this case we have based duration off of the variants since each variant represents a different length of time.
5. Add lead or lag time (if applicable)
6. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on.
7. Add a Location (if applicable). This will let you include the location's address in reminder emails.
8. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
9. If desired, choose a set of colors for the appointment. This allows you to differentiate appointments by color on the Booking Overview Calendar.
10. Hit Save.
BTA Opening Hours Page
1. Open the Opening Hours page from the left hand nav of the BTA admin.
2. Change or modify the opening hours for your store.
3. Hit Save.
1. Select Templates from the Configuration section of the app.
2. Copy the URL from the New Booking row of the table in the Description column.
3. Add the link to the form to your Shopify Navigation.
4. Return to the Templates page.
5. Select the New Booking link to access the code for the template.
After a booking is made with the stand alone form 2 option s appear: Continue Shopping, and Make Another Booking. You will want to adjust the redirect url's for these options so that they pertain to your store..
6. Scroll to the line that looks like the following (at the time of this guide update it is line 32):
<p><a href="https://pragmaticinsights.myshopify.com/" target="_parent">Continue Shopping</a> or <a id="start-again" href="https://pragmaticinsights.myshopify.com/apps/bookthatapp/booking/new" target="_parent">Make another booking</a></p>
7. Replace the first url with a page from your store. Typically this is your store's homepage.
8. Replace the second url with the url of the stand alone booking page from your store. This will allow the customer to easily make another booking.
The stand alone form can also be added to a custom page in your store. To do so you reference the url you previously retrieved for the stand alone form and use an iframe to add it to your custom page. We consider this a custom application of the app so it is not included in our no-charge support.
If you would like a quote for us to implement the above please create a ticket letting us know your configuration needs and we'll be happy to help.