In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a manual booking for your products for orders that may come in via the phone or in person. For a list of terms please scroll to the end of the article.
Access the New Booking Screen
1. Go to the Overview page in the BookThatApp admin.
2. Select the Create booking button from the upper right corner of the calendar.
Create a Booking
1. Find or create a customer to enter the customer contact details.
2. In the Guest list section enter the names of any other people associated with the booking. This is typically used in scenarios where the booking contains multiple attendees.
3. Enter the order details.
Note: If you want to create a draft order in Shopify at the same time select the Create Draft Order in Shopify checkbox.
4. If you created additional fields in the app's Booking Fields section you can enter the necessary info.
5. Enter any relevant Tags.
6. If a location is associated with the product select it from the Locations drop-down.
7. Select product and/or variants.
Note: If you need to book multiple products and they have different start and/or end dates you will need to create multiple bookings.
8. Enter date and time of the booking.
Note: If you are booking an event, class or appointment, the manual booking must match the date/time of the scheduled event, class or appointment to affect the products capacity.
ie. If you have a class from 9-10 am on Jan 1, then the start date/time is 9:00 am/Jan 1 and the end date/time is 10:00 am/Jan 1.
9. If a resource is associated with the product select it from the Resource drop-down.
10. Hit Save.
11. If you want to capture the shipping details for the booking you can select the Shipping tab from the top of the booking to do so.
This final section will provide a breakdown of the fields used in creating a manual booking.
Product: Select the product for the booking.
Variant: Select the variant (if appropriate).
Date/Time: You can enter the date and time of the new booking.
Name: Enter the name associated with the booking.
Email: Enter the email address associated with the booking.
Number in Party: This represents the number of people associated with the booking (if applicable).
SKU: The stock keeping unit (if applicable) associated with the product ordered. This will populate automatically if the order comes in via Shopify.
Hotel: This field is used for bookings where there is a pickup location at a hotel.
Order: For orders that come in via Shopify, this field will populate the order number.
Status: For orders that come in via Shopify, this field will update based on how you have configured payments in Shopify. If you have set your payment preferences to take payment at a later time (authorize), then the booking will show in BTA as “pending”. If you have taken payment (authorize/charge), then it shows as “confirmed”. You can manually change this field to pending or confirmed for manual bookings.
Notes: Use this field for any additional information that needs to be captured with the booking.
Save: Saves the booking as a new appointment in the calendar and updates product availability.
Delete: Deletes the booking in the calendar and updates product availability.
Send Reminder: Allows you to select a type of reminder (Email or SMS) to the customer.
View Ticket: View a PDF file of the booking information.