In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a manual booking for your products for orders that may come in via the phone or in person. For a list of terms please scroll to the end of the article.
1. Go to the Calendar page in the Book That App admin.
2. Click on the button named "Create Booking" in the upper left corner of the calendar.
You will now see the below screen.
3. Enter the customer contact details.
4. Enter the order details and check "Create Draft Order in Shopify" if you would like this order to appear in your Shopify orders.
5. Select product and/or variants.
6. Enter date and time of the booking. (Note: If you are booking an event, class or appointment, the manual booking must match the date/time of the scheduled event, class or appointment. ie. If you have a class from 9-10 am on Jan 1, then the start date/time is 9:00 am/Jan 1 and the end date/time is 10:00 am/Jan 1.
7. Hit Save.
This final section will provide a breakdown of the fields used in creating a manual booking.
Product: Select the product for the booking.
Variant: Select the variant (if appropriate).
Date/Time: You can enter the date and time of the new booking.
Name: Enter the name associated with the booking.
Email: Enter the email address associated with the booking.
Number in Party: This represents the number of people associated with the booking (if applicable).
SKU: The stock keeping unit (if applicable) associated with the product ordered. This will populate automatically if the order comes in via Shopify.
Hotel: This field is used for bookings where there is a pickup location at a hotel.
Order: For orders that come in via Shopify, this field will populate the order number.
Status: For orders that come in via Shopify, this field will update based on how you have configured payments in Shopify. If you have set your payment preferences to take payment at a later time (authorize), then the booking will show in BTA as “pending”. If you have taken payment (authorize/charge), then it shows as “confirmed”. You can manually change this field to pending or confirmed for manual bookings.
Notes: Use this field for any additional information that needs to be captured with the booking.
Save: Saves the booking as a new appointment in the calendar and updates product availability.
Delete: Deletes the booking in the calendar and updates product availability.
Send Reminder: Allows you to select a type of reminder (Email or SMS) to the customer.
View Ticket: View a PDF file of the booking information.