In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a manual booking for your products for orders that may come in via the phone or in person. For a list of terms please scroll to the end of the article.
Access the New Booking Screen
1. Go to the Overview page in the BookThatApp admin.
2. Select the Create booking button from the upper right corner of the calendar.
Create a Booking
1. Find or create a customer to enter the customer contact details.
2. In the Guest list section enter the names of any other people associated with the booking. This is typically used in scenarios where the booking contains multiple attendees.
3. Enter the order details.
Note: If you want to create a draft order in Shopify at the same time select the Create Draft Order in Shopify checkbox. If you are creating a draft order you will want to leave the Order field blank as Shopify will generate the order details.
4. Enter any relevant Tags.
5. If a location is associated with the product select it from the Locations drop-down.
6. Select product and/or variants.
Note: If you need to book multiple products and they have different start and/or end dates you will need to create multiple bookings.
7. Enter the date and time of the booking. If you selected a course product in the previous step you will be able to select from the terms of the course.
Note: If you are booking an event, class, or appointment, the manual booking must match the date/time of the scheduled event, class, or appointment to affect the capacity of the product.
ie. If you have a class from 9-10 am on Jan 1, then the start date/time is 9:00 am/Jan 1 and the end date/time is 10:00 am/Jan 1.
8. If a resource is associated with the product you must select it from the Resource drop-down in order for the booking to affect the product's capacity.
9. Hit Save.
10. If you created additional fields in the app's Booking Fields section or would like to include any notes for the booking you can select the corresponding Edit link.
11. If you want to capture the shipping details for the booking you can select the Shipping tab from the top of the booking to do so.
This final section will provide a breakdown of the fields used in creating a manual booking.
Product: Select the product for the booking.
Variant: Select the variant (if appropriate).
Date/Time: You can enter the date and time of the new booking.
Name: Enter the name associated with the booking.
Email: Enter the email address associated with the booking.
Order: For orders that come in via Shopify, this field will populate the order number.
Status: For orders that come in via Shopify, this field will update based on how you have configured payments in Shopify. If you have set your payment preferences to take payment at a later time (authorize), then the booking will show in BTA as “pending”. If you have taken payment (authorize/charge), then it shows as “confirmed”. You can manually change this field to pending or confirmed for manual bookings.
Notes: Use this field for any additional information that needs to be captured with the booking.
Save: Saves the booking as a new appointment in the calendar and updates product availability.
Delete: Deletes the booking in the calendar and updates product availability.
Send Reminder: This allows you to select a type of reminder (Email or SMS) to the customer.
View Ticket: View a PDF file of the booking information.
Does this just allow you to book manually or are you able to pay for the booking manually too with the customer's credit card info?
This only creates a booking. Payment is managed by Shopify so you would need to use their manual order process.
I am planning on using only the manual booking form from the back-end, and taking payments elsewhere (not through shopify). However in my test runs it's letting me double-book a product with a variant capacity set to 1. Is that because the first booking was not set to confirmed as no payment was made through shopify? Basically I need to be able to use the form to take and reserve bookings only, and make sure i cant double book a variant. Should it not show up in the calendar with dates blacked out once it's reserved? It's showing up on the calendar, but still allowing me to book the same variant mulitple times for those dates :(
If the app is allowing a double booking then you have either installed the app incorrectly or the manual booking has the incorrect date and time. If you can please create a ticket and provide details including your shop URL, the storefront password (if any) and a link to the booking in question.
Please sign in to leave a comment.