This article will walk you through the process of configuring products in BookThatApp (BTA) where the customer will select the start and end date for their booking. The app will capture the range of dates and give you the option of charging the customer a per day rate, or you can use variants to create price breaks that depend on the duration of the rental.
In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up Booking Form 2 for your Shopify store.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your product.
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Size, Color, Rental Duration
Duration variables are not necessary if you are charging a per day rate.
You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
BTA Product Page
After you have saved the product in Shopify select BookThatApp Configuration from the More actions menu at the top of the page:
This will import the product into BTA and take you to the BTA product configuration page.
If you have previously set up products in BTA you will be prompted to copy the settings from one of them at this time. Go ahead and choose an existing Event product if you have set one up otherwise follow these steps:
1. On the BTA Install page, install Booking Form 2 and then follow the rest of the install instructions.
2. Import your product into BTA
3. Choose "Product" as the Profile
4. Enter the Capacity of the product (max number of the product available at any 1 time)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product, Variant, or Resource. In most instances, it will be product based. However, if you offer different sizes or colors then you may choose to use variant based capacity.
6. Set the duration values paying attention to select the 'Variants represent date range?' checkbox and entering the duration values in the 'Range From' and 'Range To' fields.
(Note: The 'All day' option has been selected in order to make the variants update according to the date range selected)
7. Enter lead or lag time (if applicable)
8. Enter the minimum and maximum values for the Date Range, and select to Count days or nights.
Note: If you don't want variable pricing, then you do not need to set up variants. The app will calculate the quantity based on the date range selected by the customer and multiply it by the product price.
9. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on. This is ideal when you sell and rent a product.
10. Add a Location (if applicable). This will let you include the location's address in reminder emails.
11. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
12. If desired, choose a set of colors for the product. This allows you to differentiate products and events by color on the Booking Overview Calendar.
13. Hit Save.
14. Enter the opening hours for your store.
15. To calculate a price based on a daily rate you will need to navigate to Advanced Settings-> select the Product Page tab -> and enable 'Date range updates quantity?'
16. You must have your theme's quantity selector enabled.
- If you do not see it on your product page then you will need to access your theme via the Shopify admin.
- Select the Customize theme button
- Access the product page
- Select to enable the quantity selector
- Optional Step- Access the code for your product page and hide the field while leaving it enabled.