This article will walk you through the process of configuring products in BookThatApp (BTA) where the customer will select the start date for their booking. The app will capture the start date and the rental period will be a set duration that you specify through the creation of variants in Shopify.
In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up Booking Form 1 for your Shopify store.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your product.
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Size, Color, Rental Duration
Even if you will just use one set rental period creating a duration variant is recommended for your customers ease of use. You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
BookThatApp (BTA) Product Page
After you have saved the product in Shopify select BookThatApp Configuration from the More actions menu at the top of the page:
This will import the product into BTA and take you to the BTA product configuration page.
If you have previously set up products in BTA you will be prompted to copy the settings from one of them at this time. Go ahead and choose an existing Event product if you have set one up otherwise follow these steps:
1. On the BTA Install page, install Booking Form 1 and then follow the rest of the install instructions.
2. Import your product into BTA
3. Choose "Product" as the Profile
4. Enter the Capacity of the product (max number of the product available at any 1 time)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product, Variant, or Resource. In most instances, it will be product based. However, if you offer different sizes or colours then you may choose to use variant based capacity.
6. Enter the Duration (number of days for the rental) for the product or each variant.
As mentioned earlier it is recommended to use variants for the duration.
7. Enter lead or lag time (if applicable)
8. Enter the minimum and maximum values for the Date Range, and select to Count days or nights.
9. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on.
10. Add a Location (if applicable). This will let you include the location's address in reminder emails.
11. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
12. If desired, choose a set of colours for the product. This allows you to differentiate products and events by colour on the Booking Overview Calendar.
13. Hit Save.
15. Enter the opening hours for your store.