This article will walk you through the process of configuring products in BookThatApp (BTA) that represent events. You will specify a schedule for the event and the customer will be able to select a corresponding date and time.
In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up Booking Forms 4 and 5 for your Shopify store.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a product to represent your event. In this example, it is live entertainment.
2. Set up an Shopify variants, if required. In this example we are allowing the customer to choose a type of ticket and select their party size. The minimum party size is 2, and the maximum party size is 5.
Party Size is not necessary if you do not have a minimum party size requirement, or a tiered price structure. Instead of the party size variable you would enable your quantity selector.
3. Enter the price for each variant and set the inventory to Do Not Track.
Do not enter the dates or times of the event as variants because you will create a schedule in the app.You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
BookThatApp (BTA) Product Page
2. Import your product into BTA
3. Choose "Tour/Activity" as the Profile
4. Enter the capacity of the event (max number of people permitted per time slot)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product or Variant. In this example we want the event capacity to be based on variant since we offer 3 types of tickets.
6. Enter the Duration for the event or each variant. In this example we are basing the duration off of the variants because the ticket type will determine the length of the booking.
7. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on.
8. Set the Units value equal to the amount of attendees for each variant. In this case, a party size of 2 represents 2 people so the Units value should be set to 2. This means that if a booking is taken for a party size of 2 the total capacity for the corresponding variant will reduce by 2.
9. Add a Resource (if applicable)
10. Add a Location (if applicable)
11. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
12. If desired, choose a set of colours for the activity. This allows you to differentiate events by colour on the Booking Overview Calendar.
13. Create the schedule for your event:
- One off Dates: Use this option if your dates are random (ie. Jan 1, Feb 5, Mar 12)
- Repeat: Use this option if the class recurs on a regular basis. (ie. Every Monday at 6pm)
14. Hit Save.