This article will walk you through the process of configuring products in BookThatApp (BTA) that represent appointments and/or services. With this configuration the customer will be able to select from time slots that are based off of your opening hours and product duration.
In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up Booking Form 3 for your Shopify store.
(Note: To take no charge appointments, please see this tutorial.)
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your Appointment/Service. ie. Consultation
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track.
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Basic Consultation, Extended Consultation
Do not enter the dates or times of the appointment as variants because the schedule will be based off of your stores opening hours. You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
BTA Product Page
2. Import your product into BTA.
3. Choose "Appointment" as the Profile.
4. Enter the Capacity of the appointment (max number of available appointments per time slot)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product or Variant. In most appointments it will be product based.
6. Enter the Duration for the appointment or each variant. In this case we have based duration off of the variants since each variant represents a different length of time.
7. Add lead or lag time (if applicable)
8. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on.
9. Add a Resource (if applicable)
10. Add a Location (if applicable)
11. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
12. If desired, choose a set of colours for the appointment. This allows you to differentiate appointments by colour on the Booking Overview Calendar.
13. Hit Save.
BTA Opening Hours Page
1. Open the Opening Hours page from the left hand nav of the BTA admin.
2. Change or modify the opening hours for your store.
3. Hit Save.
Front-End Time Slots
The standard function of the appointment booking form is to display time slots based on your opening hours and duration settings.
If you would instead like to have variable/sliding time slots please review this article.