This article will walk you through the process of configuring products in BookThatApp (BTA) that represent classes. You will specify a schedule for the class and the customer will be able to select a corresponding date and time.
In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up Booking Forms 4 and 5 for your Shopify store.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your event.
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track.
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Class, Class + Course Material
Do not enter the dates or times of the class as variants because you will create a schedule in the app.You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
BookThatApp (BTA) Product Page
2. Import your product into BTA.
3. Choose "Class/Course" as the Profile.
4. Enter the Capacity of the class (max number of people permitted per time slot)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product or Variant. In most instances, it will be product based. However, if you offer class material with the class and only have a limited amount (ie. 10 textbooks) then you may choose to use variant based capacity.
6. Enter the Duration for the class or each variant.
7. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on.
8. Add a Resource (if applicable)
9. Add a Location (if applicable)
10. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
11. If desired, choose a set of colours for the class. This allows you to differentiate classes by colour on the Booking Overview Calendar.
12. Create the schedule for your class:
- One off Dates: Use this option if your dates are random (ie. Jan 1, Feb 5, Mar 12)
- Repeat: Use this option if the class recurs on a regular basis. (ie. Every Monday at 6pm)
Note: The concept of Courses is not currently supported. (ie. Class every Monday for 10 weeks). We do plan to offer this in the future so watch our Forums where we post new features.
13. Hit Save.