Creating staff accounts within the app will allow others the ability to access your BTA admin section without having to have an account in your Shopify store.
Once staff accounts are enabled you will login through bookthatapp.com.
Why use Staff Accounts?
Use the Staff Accounts feature when:
- You have staff members who are resources on a product - for example a salon may have several technicians who are qualified to perform certain services.
- You want to take advantage of using a direct connection to Google Calendar.
- You want to restrict who is accessing Shopify Admin.
- You want to restrict what bookings or products users can see, based on location (i.e. to support a 'market place' store).
Enabling Staff Accounts
Here are the steps to create staff accounts:
- Access the Staff Accounts link from the Configuration category of the app.
- Select the checkbox to Enable staff accounts.
- The first account that you will create is the administrator account. This is the account the store owner or administrator will use.
- Create the additional staff accounts. The staff members will receive an email at the address you specify to confirm the account.
Staff Account Roles
- Administrators have access to everything.
- Staff Member access is limited to bookings and products. Additionally, if the staff resource is tied to specific locations then the staff member will only be allowed to access bookings and products that are associated with the resource's locations.
Staff Accounts and Resources
You can associate staff accounts with resources (when the resource type is Staff).
Please note that you can also associate locations with a resource. If a staff resource is associated with one or more locations, then the staff member will only be able to access bookings and products that belong to the locations listed on the locations tab.
To set this up please follow the steps below:
- First you create a Resource with a Resource type of "Staff". You can do this under the Configuration/Resources page in the app admin.
- In the User field you will want to select the corresponding staff account.
- Once you have created that Resource please click on it again and assign a location to that Resource.
- Next, in the product page, assign the Location to the product that matches the location assigned to the Resource.
Google Calendar Direct Connection
When a staff account has been created the user can authorize BookThatApp to integrate with their Google Calendar directly via the user's profile page (click on the icon on the top bar to access the profile page). Any bookings for the resource that the staff account is associated with will appear immediately in their Google Calendar and any busy time in the calendar will black out that time for any products that use the resource.
Reverting back to Shopify Admin Login
If you would like to disable staff accounts (or are locked out) please contact us.