This article will walk you through the process of configuring products in BookThatApp (BTA) that represent courses. You will specify a schedule for the class and the customer will be able to select a corresponding date and time.
In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up the Course Widget for your Shopify store.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a Shopify product to represent your event.
2. Set the inventory to Do Not Track.
3. Add variants if applicable. ie. Class, Class + Course Material, Ticket Type, etc.
Do not enter the dates or times of the class as variants because you will create a schedule in the app.You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
BookThatApp (BTA) Product Page
After you have saved the product in Shopify select BookThatApp Configuration from the More actions menu at the top of the page:
This will import the product into BTA and take you to the BTA product configuration page.
If you have previously set up products in BTA you will be prompted to copy the settings from one of them at this time. Go ahead and choose an existing Event product if you have set one up otherwise follow these steps:
1. Import your product into BTA.
2. Choose "Course" as the Profile.
3. Enter the Capacity of the course (max number of people permitted per time slot)
4. Choose to base capacity on Product, Variant, or Resource. In most instances, it will be product based. However, if you offer different types of bookings for the course you may choose to use variant based capacity.
5. Enter the Duration for the course sessions.
6. Add a Location (if applicable)
7. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable). This will let you schedule by location and include the location's address in reminder emails.
8. If desired, choose a set of colors for the class. This allows you to differentiate classes by color on the Booking Overview Calendar.
9. In the field under Sign Up List enter in email address where you want an enrollment report to be sent.
10. Create the Terms for your course. A Term is comprised of the course sessions. Please see the following for details on using the scheduler.
11. Hit Save.
1. In BTA access the Widgets section found under the Configuration category.
2. Select the Course widget to enable it.
3. In the Products tab of the widget choose to add all your products that use the Course profile, or specify specific products.
4. Widget Settings
- Name: You can have multiple Course widgets with different settings so you can use the name field to describe what this widget is for.
- Mode: Determines how the widget appears in the product page. Inline or Popup option.
- Max Number of Terms: Set the max amount of terms that will display on the product page.
- Max Number of Events: Set the max amount of events that will display when viewing a term.
- Max Number of Months: Set the max amount of months into the future the widget will display terms.
- Show Timezone Helper: Includes a timezone selector at the bottom of the widget.
- Use Swatches: Display variants using swatches instead of a drop-down selector.
If you've completed the steps above you should now be able to visit the product page in your storefront and see the widget appear.