BTA seamlessly updates customer data between the app and Shopify. Bookings that are created, as a result of an order being created via the online store, will now create customer profiles in the app. This will make the process of creating manual bookings more efficient as you can pull up the customer details instead of bouncing back and forth between different screens.
How it Works
Customers are imported into the app from your Shopify store when:
- A new customer is created in Shopify after you have added BookThatApp to your store (the new customer added will be available in the customer section when you create a new booking).
- A booking is created.
- You create a customer in the app during the manual booking process using the same customer email address that is already present in Shopify.
Additionally, if you update a customer’s email address or phone number in Shopify it will update in the booking as well. Conversely, when you update the customer information in BookThatApp, it will update the customer record in Shopify.
Importing Customers in Shopify
Shopify will allow you to import customers via a CSV file. You will want to ensure you have added the app to your store first so that the customer listing will be synced.
You can add customer profiles to the customer CSV template or build your own CSV file, and then import it to your Shopify admin.
You can only import customer CSV files that are 1 MB or smaller. To get around this restriction, you can use multiple CSV files to import your customer profiles.
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Customers.
2. Click Import.
3. Click Add file, and then select your customer CSV file.
4. Optional: To update any existing customer profiles, then check Overwrite existing customers that have the same email or phone.
5. Click Import customers.
For more details on the process, you can select the following.
Please sign in to leave a comment.