By default, all emails sent from the app will apply a sent address of email@example.com. In order to provide your customers with a more personalized experience you can use your own SMTP server so that your address appears in the sent field.
BYO SMTP Server stands for Bring Your Own Simple Mail Transfer Protocol server.
Setting Up Your Own SMTP Server
Here are the steps to get started using your own SMTP server:
- In the app select Configuration.
- Next, select Advanced settings.
- Select the SMTP settings tab.
- Select the Enable button.
See below for common email server settings.
- Hostname, Port, and SSL requirements are based on settings specified by your email provider.
- In the From Address field, you will enter the name and email that you want the customer to see in the sender field of the email that they receive. The format should be: name <email address>
Example- BTA by Zetya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- For Server username and Server password, you will enter the credentials for connecting with your SMTP server.
If you are not familiar with any of the required info you will need to contact your email provider as they perform the validation on the details that you provide.
Testing Your Settings
You can test out sending an email using the form at the bottom:
Settings for common SMTP providers
Google Two-Factor Authentication
In order to use the SMTP feature with a Gmail account you will need to enable 2-step verification and use an app-specific password. This is not optional as Gmail will not allow you to use the SMTP feature of our app without enabling 2fa on your Google account.
- Access https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
- Choose to generate a 'Mail' password and set the device as 'Custom' (We used 'Bookthatapp')
- Enter the password you just generated in the Server password field instead of the normal Gmail account password.
Note- The following link provides detailed instructions on how to create an app-specific password.
For information on how to access, modify, and utilize email, and SMS templates please take a look at https://support.zetya.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004413216-Creating-and-Scheduling-Reminder-Emails
Article is closed for comments.