This article will walk you through the process of configuring products in BookThatApp (BTA) that represent events. You will specify a schedule for the event and the customer will be able to select a corresponding date and time.
In this tutorial, we'll take you through how to set up Booking Forms 4 and 5 for your Shopify store.
Shopify Product Page
1. Create a product to represent your event. In this example, it is dinner theater.
2. Set up an Shopify variants, if required. In this example we are allowing the customer to choose a type of ticket and select their party size. The minimum party size is 2, and the maximum party size is 5.
Party Size is not necessary if you do not have a minimum party size requirement, or a tiered price structure. Instead of the party size variable you would enable your quantity selector.
3. Enter the price for each variant and set the inventory to Do Not Track.
Do not enter the dates or times of the event as variants because you will create a schedule in the app.You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
BookThatApp (BTA) Product Page
After you have saved the product in Shopify select BookThatApp Configuration from the More actions menu at the top of the page:
This will import the product into BTA and take you to the BTA product configuration page.
If you have previously set up products in BTA you will be prompted to copy the settings from one of them at this time. Go ahead and choose an existing Event product if you have set one up otherwise follow these steps:
2. Import your product into BTA
3. Choose Tour/Activity as the Profile
4. Enter the capacity of the event (max number of people permitted per time slot)
5. Choose to base capacity on Product, Variant, or Resource. In this example we want the event capacity to be based on variant since we offer 2 types of tickets.
6. Enter the Duration.
7. Select to hide any variants you do not want the booking calendar to appear on.
8. Set the Units value equal to the amount of attendees for each variant. In this case, a party size of 2 represents 2 people so the Units value should be set to 2. This means that if a booking is taken for a party size of 2 the total capacity for the corresponding variant will reduce by 2.
9. Add a Location (if applicable). This will let you schedule by location and include the location's address in reminder emails.
10. Add a cutoff date or future date (if applicable)
11. If desired, choose a set of colors for the activity. This allows you to differentiate events by color on the Booking Overview Calendar.
12. In the field under Sign Up List enter in email address where you want an enrollment report to be sent.
13. Create the schedule for your event:
- One off Dates: Use this option if your dates are random (ie. Jan 1, Feb 5, Mar 12)
- Repeat: Use this option if the class recurs on a regular basis. (ie. Every Monday at 6pm)
14. Hit Save.