This article will walk you through the process of allowing your customers to cancel their bookings and how to enable/modify the cancellation notification email. This can save you time as they will not need to contact you in order to cancel their booking.
Allowing Customer Cancellations
1. First you need to enable customer accounts in your Shopify store. If you are not sure how to do this please see the following article from Shopify on the topic.
Now that you have enabled customer accounts in Shopify you will need to customize the Customer template so that your customers can access their bookings.
2. Modify your customer template as detailed in the app by selecting Templates from the Configuration category. Typically the file you need to edit is located in the Templates area of your Shopify theme and is named customers/account.liquid.
To preview what the customer's booking page looks like you can select the link that appears in the right-hand column of the table.
So far we have enabled customer accounts and modified the customer template file so that the customer can access the booking page. The final step is to set your cancellation policy in the app.
3. In the app navigate to Cancellations. After you select the checkbox to Allow Cancellations? additional options will appear.
Timing: Specify the time limit in terms of hours, days, or weeks that the customer can cancel their booking.
Policy Page Link: In Shopify you can create a new page where you specify your cancellation policy so that your customers are well informed prior to placing an order. You can then provide the url of your cancellation page in the field.
Order action: This drop-down allows you to choose what happens after a customer cancels their booking. The options are to Do Nothing, or Issue Refund.
Enable Cancellation Notification Email
1. While still on the Cancellations page select the box to Allow notifications.
2. Select Save.
Modify Cancellation Notification Email
1. In the app select Configuration-> Templates.
2. Select Cancelled Booking Notification to access the template.