With BTA it is possible to rent out a bundle of products. A bundle is a combination of component products that otherwise would be booked separately. This allows you to provide your customer with a discounted rate, or just make the booking process more efficient, by booking a bundle product instead of each individual product.
Here we will provide you with an example scenario and the steps to implement it.
The example scenario is a store that rents our winter gear. The store owner wants to create a bundle of their most popular sets of gear. This bundle will include boots, a ski suit, gloves, and ski poles.
If a component product comes in different sizes or colors you will need to create separate versions of the product.
1. In your Shopify admin Products section you will create 5 products: 1 product for each of the 4 component products, and 1 product that represents the bundle product.
Your component products are the products that make-up the bundle. In this case it's the boots, ski suit, gloves, and ski poles.
1. Next you will access the app admin and create 4 equipment type resources to represent the component products. Do the following to create the resources:
- Select Resources from the Configuration category of the app.
- Select the Create Resource button.
- For bundles the Resource type should be Equipment.
- The value you enter for Capacity will specify the inventory you have for the product.
- Repeat this process until you have a resource to correspond with each component product that you previously created.
2. Configure your products in the app as you normally would with the exception of basing Capacity off of Resource. You will assign the component resource to its matching product for each of the component products.
3. Now you can configure your bundle product in the app and set the Capacity to be based on Resource. The difference with the bundle product is that your resource rule will be AND and you will use a Group to add all 4 component resources to the rule.
Now a booking can only be made for the bundle product if all component products are available. Your inventory will be updated as needed as bookings are received for either the component or bundle products.
will you be making this possible for classes with times and dates as well?
Hi Jamie, it will work for any booking profile.
Please sign in to leave a comment.