There are 2 ways to create your products: via the Shopify admin product page, or through the app installation process. If you are using one of the widgets we recommend using the app installation method as it streamlines the process and walks you through each of the steps from product creation to implementing your booking widget. This article will provide steps on importing products in BookThatApp that have already been created in Shopify.
Note- if you are using a classic booking form, not a widget, you will want to create your products in Shopify and import them into the app as outlined in this article.
- Create your product in Shopify.
- In the Inventory section of the page select the Do Not Track option.
- Any option representing pricing should be done through variants. You can view more on adding and editing variants in this article from Shopify.
- Here are some important notes when setting up your product in Shopify:
- Do not enter the dates or times of the event as variants because you will create a schedule in the app.
- If you have a minimum party size requirement for your bookings you will want to create a set of variants for Party Size. An example of this would be a booking requirement for the minimum party size of 2 and a maximum party size of 7.
After you have saved the product in Shopify select BookThatApp Configuration from the More actions menu at the top of the page:
This will import the product into BTA and take you to the BTA product configuration page.
If you have previously set up products in BTA you will be prompted to copy the settings from one of them at this time. Go ahead and choose an existing product if you have set one up otherwise return to the configuration guide and follow the remaining steps.