The search widget will allow you to add a search bar on the page of your choice in your Shopify store. This feature is only available to Premium and up app subscribers.
Before you can add the search bar to your storefront you will want to configure the availability search. If you have not configured your search yet please see the following for details.
Now that you have set up your search you can create your search widget.
1. In the app, select Widgets.
2. Select the Create Widget button.
3. Choose the Search widget.
4. In the Name field you will enter a name for the widget.
5. Select a Mode. Inline means that the search bar is displayed when the page loads while the Popup mode allows the widget to display after selecting the Search button.
6. Specify the Width in terms of pixels (px).
7. If you have associated locations with your products when you configured them in the app, and you want to filter the search results based on location, you will want to select the option for Allow choosing location.
8. Select the Translations tab if you need to modify any of the widget's text.
9. Select Save.
10. The Code field will display code that must be added to your theme to display the search bar. You will need to copy the code as it's provided in the app and add it to the theme file where you want the search to appear.
Note: do not add the code in the product description field on the Shopify admin Product pages. The code must be added to one of the theme files.
Please sign in to leave a comment.