The Reserve With Google feature of the app will allow your customers to book Appointment bookings via Google Search, Maps, or the Assistant. This article will provide key info that will help you get started using this feature today.
Important note- All of the following statements must be true for your business in order to use this feature.
- your store is in the Beauty Vertical industry - this includes businesses such as barbershops, salons, massage parlors, spas, hair removal, etc.
- your business is listed in Google Maps - please contact Google Maps support if you are not able to locate your business.
- in the app, your products are configured using the Appointment Booking Type.
- your products have a price that is greater than $0.
If your store meets all the above criteria, you are ready to proceed with implementing the Reserve With Google feature.
1. In the app, select Configuration-> Reserve with Google.
2. Select the checkbox that proceeds the Reserve with Google is disabled.
3. Now, several fields will be present on the page. Initially, the fields are populated with info retrieved from Shopify. You must review each field and ensure the following:
- ensure that the name and address details on this page match the business info that is detailed on the Google Maps page.
- minor differences in addresses and names do matter. Something as simple as a mismatched suite or apartment number might indicate that the matched location is incorrect.
- ensure that all fields are filled out. The only optional field is the 'Direct merchant payment information' field.
Note- if you require additional information you can view Google's resource on the topic at https://developers.google.com/maps-booking/partner-portal/merchant-matching-guidelines#guidelines
4. Select Save.
Note- The sync will occur once per day. As a result, please allow 1 day after enabling the feature before testing it out.
- Once the feature is live your customers will be able to make reservations in Google Search or Maps and a booking will be created in the app. You can see the booking process in action at https://www.google.com/maps/reserve
- Google reservations will appear in your Google calendar.
- The Google reservations can be updated and deleted from your Google calendar. However, please keep in mind that Google syncs these updates once per day. We cannot modify this schedule.
If more than 24 hours have passed since you enabled the feature, and Google reservations are still not appearing in the app, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.